Knott Blog

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dark Side, The Moon

"Don't you know that I'm still standing, better than I ever did, looking like a true survivor and feeling like a little kid..." - Elton John

Monday, June 21, 2004

End of the Reprieve

I'm back to work tomorrow, and I must say I don't feel all that much up to it. I suppose I should decide that it's all just clover, eight hour days guaranteed, no real work in sight, and yet somehow that's the worst part. It's boring right now, and I don't really feel like I have too many friends there.
Big Sigh.Oh well. I got to chat with my brother on Yahoo messenger, using our webcams. I haven't seen him in the flesh in about, oh, seven years, and virtual is still nice. We got to see each other, and he got to see all of my kids. He hasn't seen them since they were small, and hasn't seen the last two at all. Until today that is. We emailed each other pictures, chatted, and webcammed all at the same time. I never thought I would offer Yahoo a free plug (long, resentful story), but the new messenger is really my favorite. I can play my launchcast radio and webcam at the same time, plus IM'ing, which makes it pretty much all in one for videoconferencing.
Lest I start to sound like a shill for Yahoo, whom I mostly despise in a disinterested sort of way, let me conclude by saying that I'm making it my resolution to concentrate more on the moment I'm in, rather than waiting for the next big exciting thing to happen. Each moment is precious, and you never know if the next one is coming or not.